Counsellor & Psychodynamic Psychotherapist
British Psychoanalytic Council
Contact Charlotte – 07733 242052 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselling can offer a safe place to think about issues in your life that are causing distress. Sometimes the root of the problem seems obvious, at other times you may just feel overwhelmed and confused.
It can be a relief to talk to someone removed from the situation, who will listen without judging and reflect on what you say.
This can help you recover perspective, gain insight and find new resources within yourself.
Counselling can also benefit anyone who would like to learn more about themselves and their relationships.
THE INITIAL APPOINTMENT
An initial meeting will last about an hour. This will provide an opportunity to explore the reasons for coming to counselling and will be the time to decide whether counselling is right for you.
If you decide to start counselling this would take place once a week, each session lasting 50 minutes. Fees and duration of the counselling would be decided at the outset. I offer both short term and open-ended counselling.
Past experience includes ten years counselling at Wessex Counselling Service, working with a broad spectrum of clients and an assortment of issues. Focusing more specifically on addictions, I have worked part-time within the NHS and for a local charity, in a variety of settings from prisons to GP Surgeries. Since late 2009 I have been delivering counselling in a school to children and adolescents. I also have a private practice.
I am committed to continuous learning and have undertaken professional development courses with Bath Practice for Group Analysis & The Tavistock Clinic, Wessex Counselling, Somerset Counselling, The Training Exchange, Group Analytic Network (West), And Relationship Counselling for London. I am in ongoing supervision and adhere to the Code of Ethics of the British Psychoanalytic Council for my work with adults and BACP’s Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy for my work with children and adolescents.
- Trained with Wessex Counselling Service and Somerset Counselling Service (both affiliated members of the Westminster Pastoral Foundation).
- Wessex Counselling Service Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling.
- Westminster Pastoral Foundation Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling.
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy.
- Registered Member of the British Psychoanalytic Council
- MBACP (Accred). Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- UKRCP. Registered Independent Counsellor/Therapist by the United Kingdom Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists.
- Post Graduate Diploma – Counselling in Schools
- Advanced Diploma Psychodynamic Counselling
SOME OF THE REASONS WHY PEOPLE SEEK COUNSELLING
– Anxiety & Stress
– Bereavement & Loss
– Panic attacks
– Sexual, physical or emotional abuse
– Relationship difficulties
– Life changes & transitions
– Post-natal depression
– Eating disorders
– Childhood & attachment issues
TO MAKE CONTACT:
You can telephone or email. If you phone,
you are likely to reach my voicemail.
Please leave your contact details and
I shall get back to you at the earliest opportunity
(usually within 24 hours)
Telephone: 07733 242052